Tuesday, February 7, 2012

In Memory of Grandpa Walker We love and miss you already

Raymond Claud Walker Obituary: View Raymond Walker's Obituary by Post Register


What a bitter-sweet day January 30th was for our small family. On that day, we found out that my vision had tremendously improved while during the doctor's appointment we received a call that Grandpa Walker passed away. I must say that the passing of Grandpa Walker made that day feel empty and sad for our family. Because of my health, we knew that I would be unable to travel to the funeral so with the help of many friends and family members we were able to fly Kirk out to Idaho for his Grandpa's service while the kids and I stayed back in Seattle with my friend Laura. On the day and time of the funeral my friend Laura and I stopped what we were doing and paused while I thought about all of the memories that our small family had created with Grandpa Walker. It truly was a beautiful experience. While back in Idaho, Kirk and his cousin Jennifer were sharing his life's sketch. Once the family reached the graveside right below the cemetery a bull auction was going on and everyone was able to reflect about the times that Grandpa Walker shared stories about cow sales and bull auctions. My understanding was that it was truly a remarkable experience for the entire family. One thing I know is that as a Granddaughter-in-law I had grown to love this man as one of my own Grandfather's. He was one of the most giving people I have ever met and I'm so happy that Kirk was able to grow-up by this man because I believe he helped mold Kirk into what he is today.