Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gratitude Excercise/ Music

"I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
"I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned
"Staring at the blank page before you
"Open up the dirty window
"Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
"reaching for something in the distance
"So close you can almost taste it
"Release your inhibitions
"Feel the rain on your skin
"No one else, no one else
'Can speak the words on your lips
"Drench yourself in words unspoken
"Live your life with arms wide open
"Today is where your book begins
"The rest is still unwritten."
Natasha Bedingfield's Lyrics.
Today I'm thankful for music and excercise. It now has been 11 months since I began my healthy lifestyle and decided to dump away my "weighty issues". During my workouts, I have found the above song to be my favorite because as I workout and get better I always feel like I have opened up a dirty window and started to let the sunshine back into my life again. I also like the line that reads "No one else can feel it for you." This is so true! No one knows how wonderful it feels to sweat out all of the toxins in your body, and not to mention how emotionally good you feel after a hard workout. I have been very pleased with the results that I have made this year. I'm not always perfect with working out or eating, but I do give it my best every day. All I can do is take it one day at a time!